Sunday, January 30, 2011

ahem...



I'm reading one of my many how-to books, PLOT & STRUCTURE by James Scott Bell, who wrote the following:

I remember the exact date that I decided I was going to be a writer. I jotted this in my journal: "Today I resolve to take writing seriously, to keep going and never stop, to learn everything I can and make it as a writer."

Ok. I'm making a public declaration about how I'm finally going to start writing, for real and with consistency. Every morning from 5:30-7 a.m. I will park myself at my desk and wait for awesomeness to descend upon me... or, try to actually write the novel I extensively outlined about 6 years ago.

Wait, scratch that TRY TO. That's pathetic. I am not going to try to write it. I'm going to write it. I need to overcome the whole "wanting it to be great" fantasy and just write it. Even if it turns out kinda lame, at least when I finish it, I will have learned that I CAN FOLLOW THROUGH and write a novel. Even a lackluster novel is better than no novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment