Thursday, September 3, 2009

Invisalign: prologue


This afternoon, I'm being fitted with my first trays of Invisalign, the clear and removable alternative to braces. (further explanation, visit invisalign.com) My dentist recommended it at my last cleaning, and I decided to do it. Growing up, my teeth were always straight. I never had braces or needed them. But as I grow older, (I'm almost 36 now, gasp!) my teeth are crowding and starting to "turn out," as Dr. Gordley says. Or is it "tip out"? Anyway, they're crowding and have some crookedness. I don't have a mouth full of snaggleteeth, but my four front top teeth do bother me in every picture I see of myself. I'll let you know how this all turns out. It seems like it might be uncomfortable, and I'm not looking forward to "talking funny." Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment