Sunday, March 14, 2010

time for fairweather cloth diapering!

I will admit it. I'm a fairweather cloth diaperer. For me to put forth the effort, I need to have a few things in place. First, I need to have diapers that I like. For me, that means easy, all-in-ones or all-in-twos. [To date, the only diapers I've used have been Bum Genius (AIO in small and medium) and BG 3.0 one size. I've recently expanded my stash to include Gro Baby diapers and the Bum Genius Flip system. They're prepping in the washer right now.]

The following descriptions were found on the company press releases or websites:




What is the Gro Baby Diapering System?
Gro Baby is a modern, one-size diapering system. Its unique, waterproof shell and organic cotton soaker pad minimizes waste and cost. When the soaker pad is wet, simply replace with a fresh, dry one.

How does Gro Baby work?
Gro Baby is designed so that the outer shells may be used for multiple diaper changes. If the soaker pad is wet, simply snap in a fresh one and you are ready to go. If the shell is wet, allow it to air dry and use for the next diaper change. When your Gro Baby Shell is soiled or very saturated, start fresh with a new Gro Baby Shell. Most Gro Baby System users will find that using 2-4 Gro Baby Shells are enough per day, although newborn babies may need more.

Another thing that I need to make cloth work for me is literally FAIR WEATHER. I like hanging my diapers on a clothesline, and now that the snow has finally melted, I can actually walk through my yard to reach the clothesline.
The final element that I need for me to do cloth diapering is a good attitude. I need to commit to doing diaper laundry every 2-3 days. (The biggest surprise I've had with using cloth diapers is that the actual cloth diapering isn't the biggest hassle. It's laundering the diapers. And not because they're messy, but because it needs to happen so frequently!)
I think I have everything in place to give cloth diapering another run. I bought some new products that I'm eager to try out. I'll report back in a week or so to tell you how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment